Why the next 12 months is the perfect time to visit Disney World
In my opinion, any time is the perfect time to visit any Disney park around the world. For anyone know knows me well, or even follows me on any of my social media, will know that I am a huge Disney nut - I love the parks and the films, and even run my own Disney fan site; Disney Magic (another shameless plug. I'm sorry.)
But why is the next 12 months the perfect time to visit if you are planning your first trip out to the sunshine state?
- Pandora - The World of Avatar: Based on James Cameron's hit 2009 film Avatar, Walt Disney Imagineers have spend the past 3 years building the world of Pandora in Disney's Animal Kingdom. Featuring two state-of-the-art attractions and a ton of immersive theming (even floating mountains!), this land is sure to be a visual spectacle, and I can't wait to travel 4 million light years to Pandora on my next trip!
- Happily Ever After: Following a 13 year run, Magic Kingdom's firework spectacular Wishes, came to an end on 11th May 2017. This fan-loved performance has been replaced by another spectacular nighttime show which includes projections, lasers, fireworks and a beautiful musical score. From videos I have watched, Happily Ever After will not disappoint, featuring music and characters from over 20 different Disney and Pixar films - Moana to Mulan, Toy Story to Tangled - its all included in this visual spectacle.
- Epcot's festivals return: Over the next 12 months, guests will be able to experience all three of Epcot's festivals - the Flower and Garden Festival, Food and Wine Festival and the Festival of the Arts (new for 2017). Each festival offers limited-time entertainment, merchandise, exhibits and a tonne of food! They are definitely not to be missed!
- Miss Adventure Falls: Back in March, Typhoon Lagoon opened its newest family water ride - Miss Adventure Falls. The newest raft ride tells the story of Captain Mary Oceaneer, and holds a number of Disney records - the longest water slide (2 minutes) and the first water slide to feature an Audio Animatronic.
- MagicBand 2.0: Since MyMagic+ and 'My Disney Experience' launched in 2013, Disney has offered the guests the option to use a MagicBand for ticket media, FastPass+ reservations and dining. This year, Disney launched the MagicBand 2.0, a nicer design of the original with the same awesome functionality (and more coming soon!). Besides the standard plain coloured bands, a wide range of printed MagicBands will be available - so be sure to grab your favourite character!
- Epcot's 35th anniversary: Walt Disney World's second-built park, Epcot, celebrates 35 years of magic in October, and what better way to celebrate than being a the park?! Expect limited-edition merchandise, entertainment and more
- Disney Springs grows: As work concludes on Disney Springs, formerly Downtown Disney, there are a few more exciting restaurants and shopping locations opening up over the next 12 months. Planet Hollywood, Polite Pig and Paddlefish have just opened up with stunning decor and a delicious menu, and The Edison and Wine Bar George are coming later this year! Head over to Disney Springs to try out some of the new offerings.
There are plenty of reasons listed above to visit Walt Disney World over the next 12 months, but the next 5 years are set to be a great time to visit the resort with Toy Story Land, Star Wars Land and WDW's 50th anniversary celebrations all announced.