BLOG: Making Malteaser Rocky Road
Although I don't bake regularly, I just don't have the time, I do rather enjoy cooking up a storm in the kitchen! Whether its a cake, biscuits or something a tad more adventurous - I don't mind giving it a go. Put a recipe and some ingredients in front of me and i'll see what I can do.
My first baking blog post in this new series is a simple one - Rocky Road! It's fairly quick and easy to make but tastes divine. They are great for a quick burst of energy and are a lovely snack when you're feeling a teeny bit naughty...
300g dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
4tbsp golden syrup
175g chocolate chip cookies (Maryland are my personal fave, but any will do!)
100g mini marshmallows
Icing sugar to dust on top
1. Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a saucepan on a low heat.
2. Bash up the cookies (in a tea towel) with a rolling pin. You want to be left with a mixture of cookie crumbs and bigger cookie chunks too!
3. Pour the crushed cookies into the chocolate/butter/syrup mixture.
4. Pour in the marshmallows and stir well.
5. Pour in the Malteasers and stir well.
6. Pop your mixture into a tin and let it set in the fridge for 2 hours, but ideally overnight.
7. Once ready, take out of the tin, dust with icing sugar and cut into bars around 1-2 inches thick (depending on how big you want your Rocky Roads to be!)